What’s in a name?
Why the “little BIG idea grant”? Because we believe in the power of YOU! We believe little grants will help bring your BIG ideas to life. We will award grants up to $1,000 every month, and maybe a few each month. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
What we are looking for:
- Arts, Culture, Place Making, Community, and Vibrancy
- Fun, Creative, Inspiring, Viral, and Visible Projects
- People connecting to People
- People connecting to Places in Elkhart County
The whole Kit and Caboodle:
- Apply here anytime (seriously, no deadlines)
- Applications reviewed monthly or thereabouts
- Applications reviewed by a really cool team of community volunteers
- Our people will call your people for the low down
- Grants up to $1,000
- Grants awarded monthly
- Finalists may be invited to a community pitch night (Yay, public speaking!)
- Winners will have their projects publicized (this means practice saying cheese!)
Kids, Teenagers, Adolescent Adults and Seasoned Citizens… Be prepared, someone will likely contact you (and/or your guardian) with any additional questions or suggestions. All ideas are given equal and fair consideration but are not a guarantee of funding. BTW… the more specific you are about what you’ll use the money for, the more likely we are to roll out the cash!
Oh, and we think you’re really cool BUT…
We’re not going to just give you $1,000 for a car, vacation, rent payment, home repair or a pony… unless it’s the crucial component of a bigger project that also benefits others. (For example: Can your horse karaoke at a community-wide barbeque)
We’re interested in funding projects or new ventures and not the continuation of an existing organization. If your organization still wants to apply, think of a specific and creative $1,000 project which we might support!