This is your chance … that cool thing that all your friends think is a little goofy? Well, we want to know more about it. If we like it enough, we might give you up to $1,000 to pull it off.
Whether you’re 8 or 88 or somewhere in between, we want to bring more beauty, more playfulness, and more surprise to Elkhart County’s sidewalks, streets, downtowns, parks, schools … you name it.
There’s a catch?
OK, before you apply, ask yourself these questions:
- Will this be fun for lots and lots of people?
- Is this the kind of activity that could get passers-by to get involved?
- Does your event involve something that would be visible to the public and get people talking i.e. telling their friends and neighbors about it?
That’s kind of what we’re looking for, so if the answers to these questions are “Yes!” we want to hear about it.
Ready to apply?
- Apply here anytime (seriously, no deadlines).
- Applications are reviewed monthly or thereabouts by a really cool team of community volunteers (so keep in mind it could take more than a month for us to get back to you).
- If you’re a younger than 18, we just need to double-check this is all OK with your parent or guardian.
- Please be specific about what you’re going to spend the money on for the project.
If you’re looking for help starting your own business, or doing a fundraiser, we wish you luck but this is not the grant program for you. Try looking here instead.
We’re interested in funding projects or new activities and not the continuation of an existing organization. If your organization still wants to apply, think of a specific and creative $1,000 project which we might support!
Have questions? Contact us.
Kids and Teens, please be sure to have a parent or guardian send us an email with any questions you may have. We want to be sure they are in the loop, you know, legal reasons and all; the government makes us do it. We will contact you soon and are looking forward to your idea!